Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Soybomb12

If you could create a marching show...

Transmutations: The Path of the Alchemist

Essentially, this show would follow Altotus (the last great alchemist) in his attempts to fashion gold. Altotus initially a slave, who, after being freed, spent his life in search of the philosopher's stone. Very little is known about his history; Altotus is only acknowledged in the writings of his greatest student, Free mason Allesandro Cagliostro.

Movements:

Warm Up Chorale: Lux Aurumque (small section, mostly a few chords) Voiceover about Alchemy (the only voiceover, i hate them)

I. Lead: A segment from "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals: Saint-Saens.

II. Iron: Uranus, The Magician: Holst

III. Silver: Symphony No. 3 in C Minor (Organ Symphony) III: Saint-Saens

IV. Gold: Lux Aurumque: Whitacre

I just came up with this, but i figure everything would evolve from lead color to gold.

Thats really cool! That's be awesome to see

Transmutations: The Path of the Alchemist

Essentially, this show would follow Altotus (the last great alchemist) in his attempts to fashion gold. Altotus initially a slave, who, after being freed, spent his life in search of the philosopher's stone. Very little is known about his history; Altotus is only acknowledged in the writings of his greatest student, Free mason Allesandro Cagliostro.

Movements:

Warm Up Chorale: Lux Aurumque (small section, mostly a few chords) Voiceover about Alchemy (the only voiceover, i hate them)

I. Lead: A segment from "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals: Saint-Saens.

II. Iron: Uranus, The Magician: Holst

III. Silver: Symphony No. 3 in C Minor (Organ Symphony) III: Saint-Saens

IV. Gold: Lux Aurumque: Whitacre

I just came up with this, but i figure everything would evolve from lead color to gold.

Thats really cool! That's be awesome to see
I agree :D

The Labyrinth

'Long, Long time ago' from Pan's Labyrinth (Javiere Naverrete)

'Kyrie' and 'Confutacis' from Requiem (Mozart)

'Finale' from Concerto for Orchestra (Bela Bartok)

So the idea is that life is like a maze. Its a jouney through which there are many struggles and your choices are the biggest determinator of how you get through it. It is also a beautiful thing and one must stop and look in awe at its wonders. However, you can't distracted by its beauty or when you make a bad chioce or else you will never find your way. So there would be a pre-show with the band in a maze formation with the guard dressed as white apparitions that wonder through the Labyrinth (those who get lost) with one not being in white (the person walking through the maze). They would be singing "Long, Long time ago". Then the show would begin with the band moving into a hit with Long Time Ago. After that the guard would take off the white and the band would move into 'Kyrie', with at clock like effects to show that you only have so much time in both life and a maze. Then it would move into Concerto to be the distractions with the Apparitions appearing ever so often with Long Time Ago. Then it would into Confutacis to be the guard soloist running out of time, eventually slowing down as she gives up. The end would be the apparitions appearing a final time, dressing her in white. The show would end the same way it began, only with the soloist as an apparition.

Wow, that was a lot of explaining lol

The Labyrinth

So the idea is that life is like a maze. Its a jouney through which there are many struggles and your choices are the biggest determinator of how you get through it. It is also a beautiful thing and one must stop and look in awe at its wonders. However, you can't distracted by its beauty or when you make a bad chioce or else you will never find your way. So there would be a pre-show with the band in a maze formation with the guard dressed as white apparitions that wonder through the Labyrinth (those who get lost) with one not being in white (the person walking through the maze). They would be singing "Long, Long time ago". Then the show would begin with the band moving into a hit with Long Time Ago. After that the guard would take off the white and the band would move into 'Kyrie', with at clock like effects to show that you only have so much time in both life and a maze. Then it would move into Concerto to be the distractions with the Apparitions appearing ever so often with Long Time Ago. Then it would into Confutacis to be the guard soloist running out of time, eventually slowing down as she gives up. The end would be the apparitions appearing a final time, dressing her in white. The show would end the same way it began, only with the soloist as an apparition.

Good Idea, I think that the show would turn out amazing!

The Labyrinth

Good Idea, I think that the show would turn out amazing!
Thanks! ^_^

So it's been a while since I've thought up a new show idea, but his one hit me like a Pinata!

The Giving Tree

Blessings (Samuel R Hazo)

Council Oak (David Gillingham)

Time to Say Goodbye (Lucio Quarantino)

So this is almost self explanatory, the show just follows the progression from the book by Shel Silverstein. Blessings would be childhood with it becoming Council Oak to show adolescence and growing up with Time to Say Goodbye representing adulthood and having to move on from Childhood but with overtones of Council Oak to show that people should never forget the joy's of being young.

"The Power of Flight"

Music would be:

"In Flight" - Sam Hazo

"First Flights" - Roger Cichy

"Flying the Breeze" - Philip Sparke

LOVE In Flight! Hazo's stuff works really well with marching band I think