Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Soybomb12

If you could create a marching show...

Here's two shows that sprung into mind after looking through my playlist and finding I have more music from video games than I care to admit.

Voices of the Lifestream: The Music of Final Fantasy VII

- Every Story Begins With A Name (Opening - Bombing Mission) By Nobuo Uematsu and Big Giant Circles (from Voices of the Lifestream).

- Cloud Smiles by Nobuo Uematsu (from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)

- Jenova Returns (J-E-N-O-V-A - Jenova Complete) by Nobuo Uematsu and Steffan Andrews (from Voices of the Lifestream)

- Black Wing Metamorphosis (One-Winged Angel) by Nobuo Uematsu, bLiNd, Fishy, pixietricks, Sixto Sounds, Steffan Andrews, Suzembachi, tefnek (from Voices of the Lifestream)

Kingdom Hearts

Music by Utada Hikaru and Shimomura Youko

- Hikari/Simple and Clean (From Kingdom Hearts)

- Dearly Beloved (From Kingdom Hearts II)

- Passion/Sanctuary (From Kingdom Hearts II)

- Fate of the Unknown (From Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix)

Those would both be awesome! I'd see the final fantasy VII show just for One Winged Angel. I've been wanting to see that marched since my freshman year. lol

Now that I think about it I should just do a Final Fantasy Show! ^_^

Opening/Bombing Mission from FFVII

Battle theme from FFV

Victory! from...well ALL the FF's

Hymn of the Fayth from FFX (with this one it'd start out as an Alto Sax solo, like when a Fayth sings it. Then go into full ensemble, like when all of Spira sings)

One Winged Angel from FFVII

The whole battle and victory theme would be relatively short. Its to kinda explain the show for the people who still don't know by then lol.

Yeah, the music I've used is from a group of people who have remixed the older versions of FFVII songs, and they did it all for free. The fruits of their labors has a finished product of 4 CDs, 45 tracks, and over 200 minutes of music inspired by FFVII and Nobuo Uematsu. They are rare hard copies out there because they release their music directly to the internet to download. You can find and download the music by just googling Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream.

If your interested in a cool version of Final Fantasy music, look up The Black Mages. It is a band that remade many great Final Fantasy songs into rock. Including J-E-N-O-V-A and Those Who Fight Further (FF7 Boss Fight Music).

Yeah, the music I've used is from a group of people who have remixed the older versions of FFVII songs, and they did it all for free. The fruits of their labors has a finished product of 4 CDs, 45 tracks, and over 200 minutes of music inspired by FFVII and Nobuo Uematsu. They are rare hard copies out there because they release their music directly to the internet to download. You can find and download the music by just googling Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream.

Sweet! ^_^

I have another idea. This is the Latin themed one lol.

The Matador in Love:

Symphonic Dance No. 3 "Fiesta"

Nessun Dorma

Inermezzo from "La Boda De Luis Alonso" (The Wedding of Louis Alonso)

Okay so Fiesta introduces the Matador Character, Nessun is where he falls in love, and Louis is where he tries to court the lady and (eventually) succeeds. Pretty strightforward lol

If your interested in a cool version of Final Fantasy music, look up The Black Mages. It is a band that remade many great Final Fantasy songs into rock. Including J-E-N-O-V-A and Those Who Fight Further (FF7 Boss Fight Music).

Yeah, it was formed by Nobuo Uematsu himself, which automatically makes it good

Yeah, it was formed by Nobuo Uematsu himself, which automatically makes it good

It helps that they're awesome either way lol

One

The Echo that Never Fades- David Gillingham

A Movement for Rosa- Mark Camphouse

With Heart and Voice- David Gillingham

okay so this show is about how one person can affect the lives of many. Echo would be used as the over all theme of the show, almost like a transition between the other two. The show isn't about Rosa Parks specifically, its just one example of how one person affected many.

Okay this one came when I was making wierd sound effects for telekinesis (like that one South Park lol)

The Power of the Mind

Violet (Synergy)

Dreams (Harrisons Dream)

Thought (Selections from A Beautiful Mind)

Creation (Beethoven's 9th)

So I remember hearing that there is a type of violet on nearly every continent, its recognition almost serving as a common object for all the minds in the world (I'd have something like that spoken at some point). Along with this, all minds (at some point) have the ability to Dream, Think, and Create. Pretentious...maybe. But I DON'T CARE!!!! ^_^

two movie soundtracks:

-Watchmen (some of the score is incredible.)

-Angels and Demons.

I wasn't too impressed by the Watchmen score.

I think it's mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Tyler Bates, the only songs I really enjoyed where Rescue Mission and I Love You, Mom and the constant ticking in the background for clockwork.

New Idea. If you can't tell, I got this idea while I was playing Fallout 3 ^_^

The Children of Atom

Childrens March (Percy Grainger)

Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Peter Grahm)

Lux Arumque (Eric Whitacre)

Tempered Steel (Charles Rochester Young)

So the story follows the events when a nuclear powerplant has a catostrophic meltdown, as seen through the eyes of children who where just playing during recess (The Childrens March being them playing and underneath that the intro part of Journey would be playing, gradualy getting louder and the first hit would be the meltdown). Lux would be the children surviving to see the aftermath, almost like a Requiem for everything they knew. Then Tempered Steel would be people rebuilding the town and making sure that it doesn't happen again, making a statement about people's ability to ralley together in times of crisis.

I think that'd be pretty cool to see.

So the story follows the events when a nuclear powerplant has a catostrophic meltdown, as seen through the eyes of children who where just playing during recess (The Childrens March being them playing and underneath that the intro part of Journey would be playing, gradualy getting louder and the first hit would be the meltdown). Lux would be the children surviving to see the aftermath, almost like a Requiem for everything they knew. Then Tempered Steel would be people rebuilding the town and making sure that it doesn't happen again, making a statement about people's ability to ralley together in times of crisis.

I think that'd be pretty cool to see.

That could actually be really, really cool. That would be an overly emotional show if done right. I'd love to see a band take a show like that to Grand Nationals and challenge Westerville South 1994 (In Memoriam Dresden 1945 (about Allied bombing of Germany)) and Lake Park 2000 (April 19, 1995: To Bind the Nation's Wounds (about the Oklahoma City bombings)) as 2 of the most emotionally powerful shows ever.

it would be a really cool sounding show, I would love to watch it also
Thank you! ^_^

And thanks to you too dan! Comming from you that really means a lot, seeing as how you have seen so many great shows.

This one just sprung on me.

"Never Far Away: The Music of Yoko Kanno"

Friends

Separated/Escape

Trace

Go to "Rakuen"

Although the music (I think) is too "gentle" for an actual marching band show, it is all gorgeous.

The story follows two friends (or siblings) celebrating themselves and their friendships (Friends), and eventually being torn away from each other by unseen forces (Separated), afterwards the two start planning and executing their Escape. The two after several years apart begin to look for each other (Trace). They, of course, eventually find one another, and explode into a climactic ending (Go to "Rakuen")

Britton's Peter Grimes, with focus on his "Four Sea Interludes". It would be a show about the individual's struggle with / against society, told through the images of one man against the sea.

Ms. P has been wanting to do a Pardise Lost show. Eric Whitacre hasn't denied us yet! lol
I've been told that Whitacre is denying all permission for Paradise Lost for the 2009 marching band season.

Ms. P has been wanting to do a Pardise Lost show. Eric Whitacre hasn't denied us yet! lol
I've been told that Whitacre is denying all permission for Paradise Lost for the 2009 marching band season.
I heard Lockport is doing it (would SO see that show)

I heard Lockport is doing it (would SO see that show)
I think (I'm not completely sure, however) that Lockport's exclusivity on Paradise Lost only extends to concert band. I'm not 100% sure, however.

I'd love to see a Ben Folds show (just because I stumbled upon these acapella videos on YouTube) Also, he had an acapella contest for universities, and he released a new cd of acapella covers (which is amazing) :

Kate:

Annie Waits:

Steven's Last Night in Town:

Zak and Sara: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FETVCsh7tkQ

Transmutations: The Path of the Alchemist

Essentially, this show would follow Altotus (the last great alchemist) in his attempts to fashion gold. Altotus initially a slave, who, after being freed, spent his life in search of the philosopher's stone. Very little is known about his history; Altotus is only acknowledged in the writings of his greatest student, Free mason Allesandro Cagliostro.

Movements:

Warm Up Chorale: Lux Aurumque (small section, mostly a few chords) Voiceover about Alchemy (the only voiceover, i hate them)

I. Lead: A segment from "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals: Saint-Saens.

II. Iron: Uranus, The Magician: Holst

III. Silver: Symphony No. 3 in C Minor (Organ Symphony) III: Saint-Saens

IV. Gold: Lux Aurumque: Whitacre

I just came up with this, but i figure everything would evolve from lead color to gold.