Illinois Marching Online
Sign in to follow this  
Soybomb12

If you could create a marching show...

Conflict (Caraclysmic Events by David Gillingham)

Apocalyptic Dreams on the field....yikes!

(Just so I don't unintentionally offend you, that's meant in difficulty, not concept! I think you have a ton of great ideas)

(Just so I don't unintentionally offend you, that's meant in difficulty, not concept! I think you have a ton of great ideas)

A band did Apocalyptic Dreams at Grand Nationals. I think it was Jenison from Michigan.

A band did Apocalyptic Dreams at Grand Nationals. I think it was Jenison from Michigan.

And we did Apocalyptic Dreams in '03 when we had like 50 somthing winds. You are right though, it is difficult. But where's the fun in writing or performing an easy and safe show? ^_^

Don't worry you didn't! In fact I'm flattered that you think my ideas are great. Thanks!

United Township did Apocalyptic Dreams (and Concertino for 4 Percussion and Wind Ensemble, and Heroes Lost and Fallen) in 2000. Gillingham extravaganza...........they then did more Gillingham in 2002 (New century dawn and a slightly different arrangement of Concertino I believe).

United Township did Apocalyptic Dreams (and Concertino for 4 Percussion and Wind Ensemble, and Heroes Lost and Fallen) in 2000. Gillingham extravaganza...........they then did more Gillingham in 2002 (New century dawn and a slightly different arrangement of Concertino I believe).

Do you have a video of that show? I'd really like to see it!

Kid20A20Cover.gif

'nough pictured

but yeah, yet again, it would probably be hard to get the rights to it. Maybe Thom Yorke would be nice.

With bands doing a lot more electronics in their music, I don't know why Radiohead hasn't been used more. Hopefully I'll be seeing that changed sometime soon.

I don't mean stuff like "Creep" and "My Iron Lung", but there more electro/synth/ non lyrical driven music that is very predominat in the Kid A album. It's a wall of sound full of beautiful chords, intresting progressions and even some blarring brass parts that would translate to a BOA caliber show very well.

this is random.. but i had a dream that a band featured a marching pit as there like. signature move or soemething. 2 people pulling/pushing a mrimba or vibraphone and one guy marchin abd playing. sounds stupid. but would look cool if they got it down

this is random.. but i had a dream that a band featured a marching pit as there like. signature move or soemething. 2 people pulling/pushing a mrimba or vibraphone and one guy marchin abd playing. sounds stupid. but would look cool if they got it down

There was someone at Grand Nats 2007 that did something similiar and I can not for the life of me remember who. But they had a vibe being moved while this guy played on it. And he was amazing. I think the vibe came onto the field for at least 2 of the songs, and the vibe player played the guitar when it wasn't on the field.

I know it was a band in Semifinals...can't remember which though. Maybe Dan could help me out there....

There was someone at Grand Nats 2007 that did something similiar and I can not for the life of me remember who. But they had a vibe being moved while this guy played on it. And he was amazing. I think the vibe came onto the field for at least 2 of the songs, and the vibe player played the guitar when it wasn't on the field.

I know it was a band in Semifinals...can't remember which though. Maybe Dan could help me out there....

That would be Ayala High School from Chino Hills, California.

That would be Ayala High School from Chino Hills, California.

Ur insane you know that....

I bet if you cleared ur head of all the marching band knowledge, you could be a rocket scientist or something. HAHAHA.

I've had tons of ideas for shows. Mostly just jokingly. I constantly doing a show entitled World of Warcraft, and then Eureka actually did, and that kinda blew up in my face <_<

In 2006 I thought the music from Pan's Labyrinth would be awesome, because the movie was just gorgeous. But then L.D. Bell did that for their show and won Grand Nationals nonetheless allowing me to feel a wide variety of emotions (in order: :D:lol::huh::o:lol::D ) so I thought "nope can't touch that idea anymore".

After some very artsy (avant garde?) shows this year like LWE at ISU (We thoroughly enjoyed it, but it's still a lot more fun to poke fun [ie "What are the Osmonds doing on the field?" and "I can't tell which is louder, their playing or the color of their props"). And then we started talking about shows that we could do including:

The French Revolution: A Music Interpretation

The ever controversial The Greatest WHOOPS! Moments Ever, including: The French Revolution, Napoleon (or "We Probably Should have Stopped Him"), Hindenburg, and The American Civil War (or "This really shouldn't have happened in the first place")

And My Personal Favorite: Pontificating: The Sound of People Talking

We've had the idea of having the colorguard start out as devils in the beginning and throughout the show they turn to angels!!!!!!

Never thought about music though!!!!!

We've had the idea of having the colorguard start out as devils in the beginning and throughout the show they turn to angels!!!!!!

Music from Dante's Inferno maybe?

Because we've not seen enough shows with that music....

<_<

Because we've not seen enough shows with that music....

<_<

hahaha, true

Story Time

Featuring:

Once Upon A Time (From Cirque du Soleil's "La Nouba")

Hace Mucho, Mucho Tiempo (Long, Long Time Ago) (by Javier Navarette from Pan's Labyrinth)

The Greatest Story Never Told (by Murray Gold from "Doctor Who" Series 4)

The End (by Stephen Warbeck from "Shakespeare in Love")

Whaddya Think?

Search that one site for Northmont winterguard 1997.

Coolest winter guard show ever in my opinion.

I agree. We need more winterguard shows like that.

Ms. P has been wanting to do a Pardise Lost show. Eric Whitacre hasn't denied us yet! lol

That would be awesome to watch. I don't know where you'd be able to get the music, as they haven't even released the CD yet, the only people who have heard it are the people who actually went to see the show (in Germany, Chicago, and California) and only a couple of tracks (pirated or not) have been surfacing on the internet, and I've been waiting for any sort of music to come out for a while.

Still, an interesting show idea.

Ms. P has been wanting to do a Pardise Lost show. Eric Whitacre hasn't denied us yet! lol

That would be awesome to watch. I don't know where you'd be able to get the music, as they haven't even released the CD yet, the only people who have heard it are the people who actually went to see the show (in Germany, Chicago, and California) and only a couple of tracks (pirated or not) have been surfacing on the internet, and I've been waiting for any sort of music to come out for a while.

Lockport is doing Paradise Lost. Whitacre gave them exclusive rights. I'm kinda excited to see it!

Lockport is doing Paradise Lost. Whitacre gave them exclusive rights. I'm kinda excited to see it!

Really? Man am I out of the loop. I guess ever since marching seasons been over I've been really out of it.

Here's two shows that sprung into mind after looking through my playlist and finding I have more music from video games than I care to admit.

Voices of the Lifestream: The Music of Final Fantasy VII

- Every Story Begins With A Name (Opening - Bombing Mission) By Nobuo Uematsu and Big Giant Circles (from Voices of the Lifestream).

- Cloud Smiles by Nobuo Uematsu (from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)

- Jenova Returns (J-E-N-O-V-A - Jenova Complete) by Nobuo Uematsu and Steffan Andrews (from Voices of the Lifestream)

- Black Wing Metamorphosis (One-Winged Angel) by Nobuo Uematsu, bLiNd, Fishy, pixietricks, Sixto Sounds, Steffan Andrews, Suzembachi, tefnek (from Voices of the Lifestream)

Kingdom Hearts

Music by Utada Hikaru and Shimomura Youko

- Hikari/Simple and Clean (From Kingdom Hearts)

- Dearly Beloved (From Kingdom Hearts II)

- Passion/Sanctuary (From Kingdom Hearts II)

- Fate of the Unknown (From Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix)